chelsea

Monday, October 30, 2006



this painting is made up mosttly of local color, colors seen inthe natural world. to me the painting seems very organic and earthy. There are some areas, where the houses are that have pinkish colors that simultaneous contrast with the natural colors of the landscape. the colors in this painting, althought very earthy, seem to be very bold,. they really pop out at you.
I think that the use of these natural colors like blue and green really give this paiting a meditated feeling. Green is one of the calmest colors to the eye and that reflects in this painting. Blue is a tranquil color, helping give that relaxed meditative quality to the painting. when i look at this painting it makes me relax. the earthy tones let my eye calm down and move comfortably across the canvas, but the colors of the buildings and the pink that seems to pop out at my eye keep me intereested and excited to be looking at the painting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home